Monday, December 20, 2010

Have you ever really given it a 100% push?

When I'm taking a less than cooperative dump, I try not to push too hard.

You gotta give it a little time to come out on its own. Like a kitten. Or a turtle. Or something.

But I have sometimes pushed so hard that I can feel pressure building up in my veins and in my ears, and I've stopped because, well, because I've gotten scared. But I could have pushed harder. I know it. There was still 'push' in reserve. But I didn't do it.

I've heard stories of people getting hernias doing that. Or having strokes.

So what I want to know is, has anyone here really truely pushed as HARD as they possibly could? Or do we all have this safety barrier?

What about in an emergency? I hear that under times of great stress the human body is capable of superhuman feats! Could you push out an entire blockage if it was a life or death emergency?

It boggles the mind I tell you. Boggles. The mind.

1 comment:

Alexandria said...

wow. it can cause a heart attack actually. wouldn't recommend it. that's why so many old people die on the toilet ;)